An owl dropped this lovely present on my from Pendolyn. Check out this cool stuff!
Lovely Beaux Batons Yarn, stitch markers and a necklace. These are absolutely the COOLEST ever. And a very very cool print with my initials in it. I think I might put this on an iron on and decorate a bag with it. I love it!
A nifty little bag for carrying a project while walking and a stamp featuring the Eiffel Tower! Did you know the Eiffel Tower was put up for the World’s Fair and was suppose to be removed at the end but people were so taken with it there near riots? Fantastique!
Thank you ever so much. I’m delighted with every bit and I’m wearing the necklace the rest of the week. Because I CAN!
I got a howler from my father. He hasn’t heard a thing from me since before Halloween. But I’ve been busy with homework and studying. End of term is really close.
I got a letter from Manon. Apparently there has been a rash of pranks and cheating and Madame has seriously curtailed all owl post until she puts a stop to it. As it was the letter was heavily sensored. And Manon said that the only part ofmy letter she got to see was that I missed everyone and Please write soon.
Halloween was hilarious. Elanor and I charmed some jack o’laterns. We left before the charm took effect and missed the aftermath. The stories have been fantastic. Some of the jack o’laterns bit the first years and hung on so tight that the first years had to carry them around attached the whole day. We did such a good job that it took three teachers to end the enchantments, until Dumbledor came down to help. it seems that he managed to end them all with one spell. He did wait about 5 hours to actually do anything though. I think he thought it was a good prank, since I hear he chuckled for two hours after he was told about it and almost could get the spell spoken because he kept laughing. I can’t believe we didn’t get caught.
After we performed the enchantment we headed down to the forest to get some help with our Astronomy homework. Firenze is a very good teacher. I think our charts are better and I actually understand what we are suppose to be doing and looking at.
While we were there Firenze gave me a note from one of the Ravenclaw boys. He is SO cute. We have two classes together and we have spoken several times during class and worked on a couple homework assignments together. But he never seemed interested in dating me before. He wanted me to meet him in the Forest later. He had heard Elanor and I were going to meet Firenze for tutoring and asked Firenze to help him get the note to me. We have been meeting in the Forest two or three times a week every since. We never meet at the school, I am not sure I could stand the teasing I would get from Elanor. It’s bad enough the teasing about Firenze. She seems to think that I’m infatuated with Firenze. I suppose that is my fault though since when she asks where I’m going I’ve been telling her I was going for more help with my Astrology homework. No one could be that bad at Astrology. I’ll have to come up with a new excuse pretty soon.
My Ravenclaw boy also doesn’t want anyone at the school to know about us just yet. He has two brothers at Hogwarts and doesn’t want them telling his mother. He says his mother would never let him date a Slytherin girl. Which is silly if you ask me. But I don’t really understand the whole house competition thing.
I was never actually sorted into Slytherin, so we don’t really know where I would be. I don’t really understand what the big deal is anyway. Especially since Elanor changed houses. It seems to me that if there is something in your basic makeup that decides what house you are in how could that change?
It is really important to his mother though so we have decided to ask Dumbledore if I can be sorted properly after term ends. I don’t know what we will do if I am sorted into Slytherin. Most of my famiy was. I think only two or three of my family was ever in another house, I’m not really sure since no one ever talks about it.
I sent an owl to my father about the sorting. I am sure that he will approve of the sorting, we only skipped it because I was changing schools and Papa thought it would be easier to change if I was in the same house as some of my cousins. I don’t know what he will say about my dating a boy from Ravenclaw. Mostly the dating, I don’t think it will matter that he is from Ravenclaw. After all, my mother was from Beaux Batons.
I do hope that if I am sorted into another house Elanor and I can still be friends. She is so much fun.
1. Who was Tom Riddle Sr.’s girlfriend before Merope gave him the love potion?
2. What does Luna say floated into Harry’s ear when he was in the train car that supposedly caused him to lose focus?
3. How much do the primary Apparition lessons cost?
d. 12 galleons
4. What is Professor Merrythought’s first name?
5. What Hogwarts club was Eileen Prince captain of?
b. Gobstones Club
6. Who is head of the Goblin Liaison office?
b. Dirk Cresswell
7. Mrs. Weasley offers Fleur a goblin-made tiara for the wedding with Bill. What family member is currently in possession of the tiara?
a. Aunt Muriel
8. How many points does Snape take from Gryffindor for Harry’s late arrival and muggle attire?
9. When Profressory Slughorn first meets Hermione, he asks her whether she is related to Hector Dagworth-Granger. What society did Dgworth-Granger found?
d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
10. Which of these describes Golpalott’s Third Law?
d. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separate components
1. What are the three important things in Chapter 13 Harry needs to remember?
- Tom Riddle showed contempt for what made him ordinary.
- Tom Riddle (Voldemort) did not have friends and was independent.
- Tom Riddle liked to collect “trophies”.
2 What did Merope sell when she was alone in London before the baby was born?
The locket that was a Slytherin Family heirloom.
3 What does Mrs Cole like to drink?
#4 What does Tom Riddle demand Professor Dumbledore do twice when they first met?
Tell him the truth.
#5 What did Mundungus nick from the Black house?
A variety of items, including a locket and a goblet.
Here is a picture of me in costume? Okay not really – but I couldn’t get my computer to give me access to post my other pictures. I must have some type of filing error. I’ll work on that!
- Where did the first kiss between harry and Ginny occur? d. The Quidditch Field
- Severus Snape made an unbreakable vow to whom? b. Narcissa Malfoy
- Why is Hagrid upset with Ron, Harry and Hermione? c. They did not take his class in their 6th year
- Who is the Half-Blood Prince? b. Severus Snape
- At what age are you legally allowed to Apparate? d. 17
- How long does it take to brew a batch of Felix Felicis? c. 6 months
- What happens if you break an Unbreakable Vow? c. You die
- Which one of your roommates snores the loudest? Me
- Which Hogwart’s student is secretly dating the new DADA Professor Lucius Whitmarsh? Sorry? Is that suppose to be a secret?
- Describe your favorite item found in Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes! Guaranteed Ten-Second Pimple Vanisher
1. What animal does the portrait in the Muggle Prime Minster’s office resemble?
2. What drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
3. What is the name of the person who heads the Holyhead Harpies?
b. Gwenog Jones
4. How many ‘Exceeds Expectation’ grades does Harry receive in his O.W.L’s?
5. What is Professor Sughorn’s favorite candy?
d. Crystallized Pineapple
6. What tattoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
7. What color robes do the staff at the Weasley’s shop wear?
8. What is the man outside Flourish and Blotts selling?
9. How much is the skull, which Hermione enquires about at Borgin and Burkes, worth?
c. 16 Galleons
10. What are Professor Slughorn’s initials?
The importance of Chapter 10! Are you kidding me? This chapter has all kinds of great stuff in it!
It contrasts and compares the upbringing of Snape, Harry and Voldemort. It also points out parallels between Harry’s and Voldemort’s parents, their romance and the boys early years. Lily’s death to protect Harry is in strong contrast to Merope’s death after Voldmort’s birth.
It also suggests that even though the Dursley’s are not particularily kind to Harry he learns to be a better person then Voldemort does living in the orphanage. Perhaps the knowledge that Harry’s mother didn’t abandon him to the Dursley’s give Harry something that Voldemort doesn’t have from knowing that his mother couldn’t even be bothered to live for him, that her abandonment is done willingly and she didn’t even see him as important enough to live for, let alone care for.
It also gives us clues to the items Voldemort uses for his horcruxes. They are all items that he sees as important to his life, some how things he was entitled to possess.
This week has been crazy. My potions book from BB came on Friday. I set to work tranlating some of the more fun potions. On Saturday we went to Hogsmead and went shopping. I am going to have to be more careful with my translations. In Potions class I discovered a translation error that resulted in a lovely fizzy mess and detention. I don’t know what Elanor got for detention but I’m stuck washing caldrons and cleaning the ingredients cupboard. I have more cobwebs in my hair then when we cleaned Grandmother’s attic. I hope the potions teacher can read my handwriting. I am afraid I sneezed more than once and the ink ran a bit.
After shopping for potion ingredients we went to have a few drinks. I learned a new American game. I have no idea what the rules are, except that I get to drink whatever nasty stuff is in the cup in Elanor has the quarter. Later I played billiards. It was quite fun. I never knew that the time my uncles spent teaching me to play would prove so useful. Papa has forbidden me to do it again. He is afraid taking their money will upset the people in town and get me into trouble at school.
After a while the girls began singing. Luckily I didn’t know any of the words and didn’t have to join them. The dancing was a bit risque. One of the people in the bar made a comment about Tia and her hips and Rufus punched him in the face. After the barkeeper got everyone stopped and threw out Rufus and the other man we had a few more quiet drinks and went back to school.
Petunia got sick later and Elanor had to take her to the infirmary. I did my best to clean up the mess while Elanor was gone. I swear I can still smell the pumpkin juice in that part of the common room. I am a little afraid to make the eau de sante that I know would make the smell go away. I’m not sure that I have the right herb and I don’t want a purple foaming mess to replace the pumpkin juice. Perhaps it would be better to send an owl to Grandmere and have her send me the ingredients or some of the potion.
- Are you a sock knitter? yes – What are your foot measurements? 9 in long, 9 in around
- Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift? yes
- Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks? all over the place
- Do you collect anything? yarn
- What is your favorite type of music? Are you MP3 ready? I don’t have a favorite kind of music. yes I am MP3 ready.
- Do you like sweets? What are your favorites? I like dark chocolate, the darker the better
- What is your living situation like? Any pets? I have two cats, two birds and two kids
- Do you have an online wish list (Amazon, Etsy, Loopy Ewe, etc.)? Please include links for your swap pal. I do not have a wish list.
- Favorite Harry Potter movie character? Luna Lovegood